What To Do After Car Accident
Steps To Take After An Accident
The horrific sound of a car crash often stays with you. Your life can change in a matter of seconds. It is important to know what to do after an accident so your rights and your future are protected.
The attorneys at Berriz Law Group are strong advocates for victims of car accidents. We take pride in our ability to provide personal service to our clients. As experienced litigators, we know what it takes to win your case.
All we do is handle personal injury claims for victims in Thousand Oaks and throughout Ventura County and Los Angeles County in California. We know what needs to be done to protect your rights and to maximize the amount of compensation in your claim. You can rest easy knowing that your claim is being handled by experienced lawyers.
What To Do After You’ve Been In A Car Accident
The immediate moments after a crash are full of anguish, fear and even relief in some instances. Your actions after the accident can impact your claim. Do you know what to do? Follow the steps below if you are involved in a crash:
- Call the police and seek medical treatment as necessary. Do not hesitate to take an ambulance if you are seriously injured or feel severe pain.
- Get the name, addresses and phone numbers of all individuals involved in the crash along with any witnesses.
- Note the time, place and specific location of the crash. Take pictures if possible, noting damages to your vehicle or visible injuries.
- Do not speak to the insurance company or sign a settlement agreement.
- Start discussing your accident with an attorney.
Anything you say to the insurance company can harm your claim. We will advocate for your best interests and work with the insurance company so you can focus on what matters.
We will help you with everything after your accident. This includes examining all factors and evidence, determining liability and helping you get proper medical treatment. We are your advocate and will guide you through this process so you know what to expect.
Injured In An Accident? Contact Us.
We care about you. Contact us if you have been injured in an accident. There is no risk to meet with us. We only get paid if we win your case. Call us at (818) 889-1577 to schedule a free initial consultation to start discussing your claim.
Contact Our Firm
We stand ready to hold the insurance company accountable and get you the help you need. Contact us today for a free initial consultation with our lawyers.